Spring has officially sprung in Chicago, and one of our favorite parts of Spring is seeing the beautiful tulips lining Michigan Avenue. Every year these tulips inspire me to work on my green thumb, and it definitely does need some work. If you’re looking to get your green thumb going, there are plenty of easy-care indoor plants, here are a few of the best plants to get you started:
1. Snake Plant: Snake plants are a great choice for beginners because they’re low maintenance, hardy, and tolerant of low light. They’re also known for their air-purifying abilities, making them a great choice for freshening up your indoor spaces.
2. Chinese Evergreen: Chinese evergreens are a great choice for low light conditions and require minimal care. They come in a variety of colors and can add a nice touch of color to any room.
3. Pothos: Pothos are a classic and easy-care houseplant. They’re easy to propagate and make a great addition to any room.
4. Spider Plant: Spider plants are a great choice for the beginning plant parent. They’re easy to care for and can produce baby “spiderettes” with ease.
5. Aloe Vera: Aloe vera plants are a great choice for beginners because they’re low maintenance and don’t require much water. They’re also useful for their healing properties that can be used for cuts, burns, and other skin irritations.
These are just a few of the best plants to get you started on your green thumb journey. With some patience and the right care, you’ll be able to create a beautiful and thriving indoor garden in no time! Plants are one thing that really brings a home to life and can help you love where you live.